Friday, March 25, 2016

Christian Love Gone Awry

Mom emailed me this story last night. It's a story too good not to share - classic Mom!

We had Maundy Service at church tonight. First a potluck dinner. (I told Fellowship Committee you said hi and they said "Get your butt up here we need you!") After that we have a service up in the sanctuary and communion. I was busy during dinner, but I noticed that this unkempt woman with no teeth was at the potluck. (No she did not come with the bearded lady you are always asking about!) So Louise and I had to do some cleaning up, and we got into service late. They were singing. We sat in the last row of seated people and I noticed that the unkempt lady was sitting across the aisle and back a few rows by herself so I went over to her (trying to do the friendly Christian love thing) and asked her if she wanted to come over and sit with me so she wouldn’t have to be all alone. So she did and seemed very happy to share my songbook and Bible. At the end of the service, we introduced ourselves and I gave her a hug. I invited her to come to Sunday School, and she could be in my class (the bearded lady is in my class so why not have one with no teeth) and come to church after Sunday School. Ok, so then I no more than get home and pull into the driveway and unload my dishes when my phone rings and it is Louise telling me that the toothless lady’s house has bedbugs, and I should be careful I didn’t now have them. So I went into the garage and undressed. Naked, I ran upstairs and went right into the shower imagining bedbugs falling off of me as I was going up the steps. I then went into the garage and carefully took the clothes down to the basement and put them into the washer (I hope I don’t ruin my new pink sweater). I swept off my shoes as they had cutout holes and I imagined the bedbugs just getting into those holes. Now I feel itchy all over and in my hair I can feel things crawling around and all for trying to show my Christian love!!!  I can’t stop scratching!!! I hate to get into my bed tonight with my NEW MATTRESS. Oh dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment